Recover, Restart and Reimagine
Recover, Restart and Reimagine is a three week programme paying 12 theatre workers in Hull to come together to think, breathe and play without the pressure of creating any work.
Participants will join us for a mix of organised activity and self-led time designed to inspire, stretch and develop, as well as form a support network in the city, as we continue to adjust to making art as we ease out of lockdown.
Inspired by our Concrete Retreat writer residency, the programme combines masterclasses and workshops with self-development, skill-sharing and time to play. You will develop new skills, try new things and meet new people. There will be time for reading, thinking, moving, making, sharing, speaking, learning, listening, reflecting, pausing and dreaming.
The first week is dedicated to recovery, with a focus on wellbeing, self-care and reflection. Week two focuses on restarting, with time to refresh skills, make plans and try something new. Week three is all about reimagining, with time spent dreaming about what the future should look like and putting actions in place to make it happen.
- Workshops including Four Seasons Behavioural Profiling, political theatre making, difficult conversations and My Next Project
- Training including how to speak to the media, mindfulness and coaching
- Open play time, skill sharing and creative networking with other participants
- A play reading group, discussing some of the best new writing never to have made it to Hull
- Each participant will also take part in Speak The Future, in which they share their hopes for the future at one of our weekly coffee mornings
Our ambition is for these three weeks to be transformative for all who take part with participants leaving feeling ready for the battles ahead but not burnt out by deadlines or pressures of output.