A different kind of writer residency
The Concrete Retreat is our writer residency programme, focused on creating the perfect conditions for playwrights and theatre makers on our radar to develop an ambitious new idea.
Invited writers will join us in our rehearsal space, Bond 31, alongside the River Hull, for one week to shut out the outside world and focus on putting pen to paper, taking an idea and fashioning it into something new.
What are we offering?
- A personal fee plus a research budget to spend on books, plays, trips or tickets relevant to your idea
- Dramaturgical support from artistic director Paul Smith
- Research support from literary manager Matthew May
- Bespoke play library recommendations relevant to your idea
- One year’s access to free rehearsal and private hot-desking space at Bond 31 to write or workshop (when available)
- A support network of other writers on the programme