A pay what you can supporters scheme
Middle Child Mates is our supporters scheme for fans to back our work to bring people together for a good night out with big ideas.
As a registered charity, we rely on the generosity of our supporters, and whether you’re donating £2 or £200 a month, you’ll be an official part of our squad.
We know that at the best of times, spare money can be hard to come by, let alone in the middle of a pandemic, which is why we won’t rank your support based on how much money you have.
Instead, we value every contribution, meaning each of our supporters will receive the same perks, regardless of how much you pledge.
This also a chance for us to get to know you better, and for you to inform our work, and we are grateful to all our mates for your continued support.
This is a new scheme for us and so, if you’re one of our first round of supporters, you’ll be forever known as an original BFF.
- Exclusive bi-monthly supporter newsletter from the Middle Child team, featuring company updates, what we’re loving and our personal recommendations;
- A shout-out on our website and social media;
- A Middle Child tote bag;
- A limited edition Middle Child enamel pin badge.
How you can help
From jazzing up a panto set to helping working class performers into theatre, your monthly donations can enable us to sprinkle our magic further than ever before. Here are just a few ideas of where your money might go:
£2 per month (£24 a year)
- Buy four ear defenders for our young panto fans
- Add 12 giant glitter shakers to our panto set to make it sparkle!
£5 per month (£60 a year)
- Cover the cost of distributing a show soundtrack on Spotify
- Pay for a theatre maker to write a blog post about their work
£10 per month (£120 a year)
- Pay for all our script printing for our cast and crew!
- Cover our van hire and fuel for a tour performance
£15 per month (£180 a year)
- Buy all of our panto props – magic lamp anyone?
- Purchase four Britney-style microphones for our performers
£25 per month (£300 a year)
- Hire a studio for a cast photoshoot or music video recording
- Provide two annual Spotlight subscriptions for working class performers in Hull
Since launching the scheme in late October 2020 we have already been supported by dozens of lovely mates, including those named below, as well as many more who wish to remain anonymous:
Steve and Elaine Morley
Join the squad today
Become a Middle Child Mate in two easy steps:
- Set up your monthly donation via Paypal, where you can also cancel your subscription or change the amount at any time.
- Confirm your email and postal addresses when you are sent back to our website from Paypal. You can also let us know if you’d like your name adding to our website on the same page.
As the scheme has just launched, it may take a couple of weeks to mail out your goodies, but rest assured they will be in your hands for you to show off to friends and family very soon.