Free dramaturgical support for Hull and East Riding writers
Are you writing a play and looking for feedback on your latest draft?
Starting in spring 2022, Middle Child literary manager, Matthew May, is offering one-to-one meetings with writers local to Hull to provide notes and support on draft scripts.
The sessions are aimed at writers without current access to dramaturgical support, such as those not under commission or attached to an existing project.
Writers will be chosen at random from a pool of applicants to attend a one-off, two-hour meeting with Matthew.
You do not need to send us your script to apply, but if chosen you will be asked to share it in advance of your session.
Matthew will then be able to offer notes on how to develop your script further, while you can ask any other questions you may have about the writing process.
This programme is designed to support writers in and around Hull and does not mean that those who meet with Matthew will be commissioned by Middle Child.
1:1 Script Support is inspired by the Liverpool Everyman & Playhouse and Paperwork Theatre’s Script Surgery.
Applications are currently open until Thursday 25 August.
- Three writers will be selected to meet with Matthew between September and November.
- Meetings will be offered during Middle Child working hours, however we can be flexible to accommodate those in full-time work.
- Face-to-face meetings are preferred, however Zoom is also available.
Who can apply
1:1 Script Support is open to writers of any experience, from any HU postcode.
- must be a stage play, not for television or film
- can be at any stage or draft, as long as you are working towards a full-length play
Please do not send us your script unless you are offered a meeting with Matthew.
How to apply
Writers will be selected by random draw and all applicants informed whether they have been chosen or not.