We are Middle Child, theatre that makes a noise.
We are a Hull-based company creating gig theatre that brings people together for a good night out with big ideas. We tell untold stories which capture the electrifying moment when the beat drops, mixing original live music with bold new writing. Our events are live and loud, making sense of the modern world.
We are committed to breaking down barriers and ensuring that theatre is affordable and accessible for all. We will set fire to your expectations of what a night at the theatre can be.
We are an associate company of Paines Plough and an Arts Council England national portfolio organisation, supported by Absolutely Cultured and Hull City Council.
”Here's to FUN/LOUD theatre for ppl who don't go because the last time they went was year9 Hamlet and they didn't get it@Steph_Martin_
- We believe that more must be done to attract new audiences to the theatre
- We are a Hull company, and that is vital to our work, our stories and our entire ethos.
- We believe that new work is the most important work. No classics here.
- We tell Northern stories.
- We believe that theatre works best as a social event – with a reason to come early and stay late.
- We believe that women currently have a shit deal in theatre and something needs to be done about it.
- Music is central to our art.
- We want to represent a diversity of voices across our programme.
- We are determined to help increase the diversity of the creatives working in Hull.
- We will look to support other companies with the creation of work however we can.